Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Saint of the Day for January 8

Today, while making my rounds around the internet, I happened across 3 different Catholic sites (I won't say what sites) that have incorrectly identified today's saint as being Saint Apollinaris, bishop of Ravenna. His feast or memorial day is actually on July 23.

The saint for today is Saint Apollinaris of Hierapolis. His feast day is January 8. His short biography appears on “Saints of the Faith”.

For an accurate calendar of memorial and feast days of the saints, there are two reliable online sources with which I am familiar. The first is from the late Father John Hardon's “Modern Catholic Dictionary”, and the second is at “The Patron Saints Index”.