Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Refugee keeps a long-ago promise to God :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)


The following excerpt is from the Catholic News Agency article "Refugee keeps a long-ago promise to God" by Christina Lee Krauss:

  • Franciscan Father David Phan made a promise to God at the age of 16. He was on a crowded boat with dozens of other refugees from his home country of Vietnam, suffering from seasickness and thirst.
  • It was 1985, and he was fleeing the poverty and persecution at home to seek a better life.
  • “I promised God that if I survived, I would dedicate my life to serve His holy will,” he said.
  • Years later, after studying and working in the United States long enough to bring his entire family here from Vietnam, Father Phan gave away all his worldly possessions and kept that promise by joining the Franciscans.


Click below to read more:

Refugee keeps a long-ago promise to God :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)