Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thankful To Be Here



Today, is my 57th birthday...or as I like to say...it's the 18th anniversary of my 39th birthday

I thought I should be clear about being 57 from the start, because there are some people who would find adding 39 plus 18 too much of a challenge. After all, in todays world, there are too many who seem to think that adding 2 plus 2 equals 9...or 11...or 42.

The last year has been a rough one for many of us, but I know that once again, God will see all of us through. He always does, if we just trust in Him and follow what He wants for us, all will be well.

I know that this is true, because six years ago, just about 3 weeks or so before my 51st birthday, I received an early birthday present in the form of a "light" heart attack.

I don't know about that "light" stuff. I think they call it "light" because they weren't the ones who had the heart attack in the first place. "Light" indeed.

Anyway, I survived thanks to paying attention to my symptoms from the beginning, and by God blessing me with great doctors from Asheville Cardiology.

All the prayers and well wishes at the time helped, too. As did my having faith that God would see me through all of that. He did, and four days later I returned home with a stent in my chest, and with a greater appreciation of life.

Not that I didn't appreciate life before, but now with a greater understanding of how precious life is, and how precious the people in my life are, and how wonderful having God in my life is.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to still be here six years later, and to be able to share my insignificant little thoughts with you.

May God Bless you and Our Lady keep you in her care!