Please Note


Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stop Your Worrying And Start Your Praying



I keep reading blog posts... posts and comments on Facebook...tweets on twitter....and I have never seen so many worried, concerned and scared people regarding a new Pope for the Catholic Church.

They are even more worried and afraid regarding a new Pope for the Church than they were after Pope Blessed John Paul II passed away back in 2005.

Yes, I know change is hard for some people. Yes, I am sure we are all concerned about what kind of leader we are going to get. One who is more orthodox....one more "open to change"....an outgoing "people's Pope"....a shy, reserved scholarly Pope.

Why do I feel like I am one of the very few, who is not afraid?

First of all, people need to remember these words of Christ, and take them to heart:

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matthew 16:18).

"You did not choose me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last" (John 15:16). 

"When therefore they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter: Simon son of John, lovest thou me more than these? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. He saith to him again: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? He saith to him: Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. He saith to him: Feed my lambs. He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep" (John 21:15-17).

Therefore, we can know that Our Lord will provide for His Church, a leader to feed His sheep, a leader who will bear fruit that will last, and a leader who will be the rock of His Church.

All we need to do, should have been doing, and can do is to pray for the Church...for Pope Benedict XVI...for our new Holy Father....and for the guidance of the College of Cardinals by the Holy Spirit.

So stop wringing your hands and get on your knees.

Trust in God!