- Already embroiled in controversy in recent months over issues related to abortion and contraception, Catholic Charities USA has courted new scandal with the announcement of the featured speaker at their 2013 annual gathering on September 15. In a May 17 press release Catholic Charities announced that Father Greg Boyle would keynote the event.
- Father Boyle, a very popular figure for his work with the poor, is nonetheless a dissident priest who ridicules Catholic Church teaching on issues touching same-sex ‘marriage’ and women priests.
- Catholic Charities Communications Director Patricia Cole told LifeSiteNews she had never heard about Fr. Boyle’s stances against Church teaching on the matter and would inform diocesan officials and respond later.
- However, no response was received by press time.
- Hichborn added: "The important question now that they know that Fr. Boyle is a dissenting priest,” said Hichborn, “is will they rescind the invitation?"
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Catholic Charities USA invites pro-gay ‘marriage’ priest to keynote annual gathering | LifeSiteNews.com
The following excerpts are from LifeSiteNews.com:
Read more by clicking below: